27.6.06

Papillon - Mariposa - Butterfly



We were in Honduras on the weekend (2 nights so we can spend another 90 days in Guatemala). The only thing we did besides walk around Copán Ruinas, eat in good restaurants, sleep, read, and watch movies in our hotel room (namely "I am David" and "Shawshank Redemption") was visit the Enchanted Wings Butterfly House.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Lots of different butterflies flying around in a little mesh covered garden. I saw a butterfly with wet wings climbing up a styrofoam wall - oh the struggle. The flora was breathtaking and so was the humidity. They also have a greenhouse filled with hundreds of orchids. Sadly only 3 or 4 of the orchids were presenting flowers at this time. Blaise really enjoyed it. Oddly enough, he doesn't get much opportunity to play outside - kind of dangerous with all the broken glass, dog poop, rubbish, and his penchant for stuffing diseased objects into his mouth with lightning speed arm jerks. This was a nice, controlled environment for him to relish. We let him eat a few flower petals (they're safe, right?).

1 comment:

Sal said...

I love the picture of blaises little finger, It tells a whole story about the curiousity and marvel of children. I would frame that on my wall if I got a copy.. hint hint.