27.6.06

I'm in.



The Montréal International Film Festival has officially accepted my film into competition. For me this is a huge step. It means that I will continue to make films. It means that they will be really good, if not half decent. It means the door is open to growth in an talent that for the past 5 years I have been frightened to think of the possibilities and frightened that it is too late to pursue success. I have several goals (#29, 43, 69, 71) that involve film making and this film opens the way. I am very grateful for the opportunity to have made it, and for it to be shared in festival, and for people to purchase it on DVD, and enjoy it (I hope). Most people in the world don't have these opportunities.

My first film acceptance letter:

Dear Mr. Robichaud,

We are pleased to confirm that we wish to present « STRENGTH AND HONOUR : CYCLING CANADA COAST TO COAST », in the Documentaries of the World section at the World Film Festival which will be held from August 24th to September 4th 2006, in Montreal.

...[some words about what I do next]...

Waiting for your confirmation, we wish to congratulate you again for this great production.

Best regards,
Danièle C.
Vice-President


What have you always wanted to do, but have been doubtful of its success?

7 comments:

Sirdar said...

Alright!!! Congratulations!! Please sign my copy of the DVD so whey you become rich and famous I can tell my friends that I know/knew someone famous in the movie industry. Either that or sell it for millions to your groupies. ;-)

Awesome result. I hope it does well and hope it makes it to more. Perhaps you should send it to the Cannes Film Festival. Go big or go home some say...

April said...

I often think about quitting my program and taking a plane far, far away in a spontaneous move. I suppose the fear is in not finishing a degree and having no security or clear objective, but that in itself is also appealing

April said...

Dean, it would be cool to drive to Montreal!! Really, we'll show you a good time!

Heather said...

Congratulations! Fantastic! Well done! (What else can I say??) I hope this does keep you inspired and you make many more movies to come!! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog too!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Congrats Zaak!!!!!!!!!!
We would be honoured to host the black tie launch party at the Bourque mansion here in Montreal. or the afterparty. or any party for that matter...

Zaak said...

Thank You. Thank You. I'm grateful for all of your comments. Cannes eh? Perhaps my next film. I'm thinking Sundance too. A Bourque Mansion black tie launch party - only if you're cooking Aimee! I plan on pursuing the production of more films - definitely. I even have a business card now: Zaakistan Productions. Anyone want to finance my next movie? Dean, April will show you a good time. April, finish your degree, you're too close! Then you can skip on down to Guatemala for a spell before you venture out to the great unknown. Lorne, I'll only sign your copy because your order is among the first 100 orders (there are 8 orders now! that pays half of the translation!).

Sal said...

I am so happy for you . The accomplishment of goals is what makes us acheive every other goal we have for ourselves. I hope this confirms that you can accomplish absolutely anything you want in life. I beleive Life has NO LIMITS. I 'll be with you on one of your animated film. Can't wait to see it.