17.4.07

Set Straight

Yesterday morning, I got up put the garbage out, changed, dress and fed Blaise. I let Lidia, our housekeeper, in at around 8 am and introduced her to our new baby and then continued to tidy up the house while Amber was continued to rest in bed.

As I rushed around the kitchen, eager to get things in order before I left for the day, I casually mentioned to Lidia that now I had to work harder with the baby here.

She replied, "No, you don't work hard. I work hard. When I'm done working, I go home and do laundry, I sweep, I go to the mill, I make tortillas, I feed my kids."

9 comments:

Aimée said...

Ohh, SNAP! ;)

much-ado said...

In your face...

much-ado said...

how do you like them apples...

much-ado said...

boo ya! boy!

much-ado said...

dude, you got owned

much-ado said...

yeah uhh...I'm out of cliches

Anonymous said...

Wow...your quiet little housekeeper sure has come out of her shell!! She does work hard....but I wonder if she knows what you do for a living??

Anonymous said...

You have been told!!

And, it is true. All women who work, work hard for all the reasons she mentioned.

much-ado said...

you gonna stand there and take that from her...