10.10.07

Ringing in my Ears



I woke up at 5:30 this morning to see if I could start downloading my pre-ordered Radiohead album In Rainbows. Sure enough, I had to fetch the email from my junk mail, but then I was able to download the 48.4MB zip file quickly while my network was still sleeping. So far the album totally ROCKS. I get to listen to it all the way to the capital this afternoon while I drive Mariah there to pick up her mom.

I've been picking up my guitar lately to practice a gentle little Sarabande from Bach's first lute suite. It's been really great to get back into practicing. It was my first year university major, but I dropped it because my fingers and hands hurt too much. My ultimate goals for the guitar are to get my ARCT and to play all of Bach's Lute Suites.

A few months ago, Blaise started playing the trombone. He has a really good embouchure and terrific tone for someone his age. He plays for a couple minutes then gets bored and switches to something else. This morning he left the middle section out and started marching around the house tooting his horn.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least he is not afraid to toot his own horn. I didn't know about your guitar accomplishments. That is great, and good you are picking it up again.

Anonymous said...

With you on guitar and Blaise on the trombone...I see a musical future in your family :-)

How do you go about downloading the CD?

Unknown said...

I wish I could still like the trombone - but I don't.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are playing guitar again...and Blaise is playing Trombone!! that is hilarious and amazing...I love that you are both musical!