24.7.07

Travel Guatemala



I've been really blessed to see a lot of the Guatemalan countryside (and neighbouring Honduras and El Salvador) over the past 2 years and on our trip 5 years ago. Some unique places include:
  1. Salamá & San Miguel Chicaj
  2. Tikal
  3. Flores & Santa Elena
  4. Lake Atitlan (and 5 towns around it)
  5. Pacaya volcano
  6. Copán Ruinas and aguas termales, Honduras
  7. numerous mountain villages around Tactic
  8. Livingstone and Río Dulce
  9. Antigua Guatemala
  10. Guatemala City
  11. Fray Bartolomé de las Casas
  12. Semuc Champey and Lanquin
  13. Cobán
  14. San Juan Chamelco & Caves at Rey Marcos
  15. Santa Ana, El Salvador
  16. Juayua, El Salvador
  17. Purulhá
  18. El Rancho
  19. Caves at Candelaria


For a long time, I've wanted to get a GPS system that I could carry with me and connect to my computer to generate maps of where I've been. I look forward to many more trips in the future, there are huge chunks of Guatemala that I haven't seen. We hope to go to the Cancún area of Mexico in January to meet family, so that will take us through Belize.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like you have done some great travelling. Good for you. It is wonderful you are able to see more than just the area you are living. The trip to Cancun through Belize sounds great. It is nice to see someone from church while there too (will she still be there?). It is nice to have the map to so you don't forget (which tends to happen once you have kids).