19.11.06

Chocolate Mint of Anguish

Mariah was kind enough to share one of her chocolate mints with me this morning. It was perhaps the most foul thing that has gone into my mouth. I howled and spat and sputtered and winced and shuddered. Think cat poop and antifreeze (no, I haven't tasted either, but free your imagination). Mariah ate two of them. She thought they were a little off. I had to drop oil of oregano and then deepfry my tongue to regain coherence. Poison!

I'd love to know what was wrong with these things. Where are my chemical lab techs? The expiration date was sometime in 2008 and we've had the same mints before and they were fine. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try them again.

5 comments:

saison said...

Was the chocolate nestley brand? Because there has been a recall for there chocolates from a ecoli contamination...not joking!

Debby said...

That's true. I don't know if the ecoli would effect the flavor though...thank goodness you are still alive!

April said...

Did I ever tell you the story of my friend John who was happily munching on pistachios meanwhile thinking they had a slight minty taste when he looked down and saw worms crawling through out the whole lot... this is probably a good dieting tactic.

Sirdar said...

They probably got a little warm someplace. At least you were able to post about it. At least it wasn't WMD's. Or maybe that was plan B...

Mariah said...

Mwahahahah my plan succeeded!!!!

Ha ha but seriously it was just chocolate (chocolate that someone may have puked in but chocolate none the less). It was all in a sincere gesture of my friendship :)

P.S I eat three and I’m still standing