14.10.06

a hair

I know I may risk losing readers, but most of you don't leave comments anyway... I know my faithful readers will stick with me.

This morning I discovered a belly hair on my own belly that measures 9.5 cm (3 3/4 inches). Isn't that incredible? As I was measuring it, it detached from it's home of 216 days. Have no fear! I've found a secret place where Amber won't be able to destroy this part of me. Isn't it strange how a stray hair can go unnoticed for so long? Like all of a sudden you see there's this 5 cm hair growing from your ear lobe and you're like "what the?" or shaving daily you miss this one hair just above the beard line and it grows to 2 cm. I've noticed that I'm one of those men who can grow hairs to incredible lengths on my eye brows - like the great horned owl.

Maybe I just don't spend much time in front of the mirror. What am I going to see that I haven't seen these past 30 years, right?

[sorry no photo]

7 comments:

Sirdar said...

Like growing a hair on you belly is an accomplishment? When you can grow it on you head...then we will be impressed!! :-)

Amber said...

My husband - the weirdo:) Don't even get me started on the saved beard hair he's got stashed somewhere...yug.

Anonymous said...

My daughter saves the cats whiskers that she finds. The weird things people keep :-)

Anonymous said...

Ok...the hair subject....don't get me started....when you are a middle aged woman...you learn all about how fast hair grows....on your chin!!!! You wake up in the morning and there is a long hair there that...hopefully wasn't waving around in the sunlight the day before...but I am sure just grew an inch over night...it is an obsession with me...so, I guess has been inherited by you, Zaak. I keep tweezers in my car...and once was caught plucking by some young fellows in the car next to me at a stop light....how embarrassing.
As far as the eyebrows go , ....people get hair cuts...and they get their brows trimmed at the same time....Owl eyebrows are not appealing at all...untill you are very very old...like Gandolf or something....
I said don't get me started...too late...

Anonymous said...

Not getting involved in this conversation. Not removing feed or bookmarks to zaakistan.com either. But it was close.

Aimée said...

Amber: you are not alone. I think I saw envy in Danny's eyes as he was reading about the hair. Then he got out the ruler and measured 3 3/4 inches. Aye.
Zaak: I am sticking with you AND commenting.

Zaak said...

Thanks for all the encouragement! Haven't had many entries with this many responses. You all can count on a lot more hairy entries.

I was reading "Guess How Much I Love You" to Blaise tonight and switching up the names of the two main characters and getting good laughs from Amber and myself. (the main character's names are Little Nutbrown Hare and Big Nutbrown Hare)