3.12.07

Guatemalan Canadian Bank Note



I happened to glance at one of the new one Quetzal polymer bills on my desk this morning and was very surprised to see "CANADIAN BANK NOTE" printed on the bottom left corner of the front of the bill.

I did a quick search and discovered that the Canadian Bank Note Company does a lot of production of international secure documents ranging from currencies, passports, postage stamps, and various licences, certificates and tickets. I remember now that when I was in Ukraine in 1993 we were using a Canadian printed temporary currency called the Coupon.

2 comments:

Sirdar said...

You know I remember reading about the capabilities of the Canadian Bank Note Company. There are only a few places in the world that can print those types of things...and this was one of them.

Dawn said...

Wow, that is very interesting. I guess we have to make money somehow, ha ha.