19.1.12

Man Scouts: Poker & UFC



I blogged about the Man Scouts first event back in November where I was lauded one of the cornholing champs. I missed the second event where everyone stood around watching oil get changed (then enjoying pints at a pub). Last Saturday night nine of us got together to watch UFC Rio and play some poker. The poker buy in was $10 (with half the winnings going to charity).

Sadly, Trinity won (above). This is sad because I don't think he was really trying to win - or he just hustled us from the start. Art (below) was the silent but skilled player (we have to tell ourselves this to make sense of our losses of course).



It was a great time. I learned that I'm not bad, but not great at Texas Hold 'Em and that I will never be a mixed martial arts contender.

No comments: