25.11.05

My Skin Hurts

[Apparently Canadians talk about the weather more than any other nationality]

I shiver. This is Guatemala, not a lake in north Ontario in late November. Yet, I shiver.



Poor little Blaise has a cold, so his nose whistles when he sleeps. His voice reveals he has a cold too. The past two nights Amber has brought the little blanket kicker into bed with us to make sure he stays warm and can't kick his blankets off. His cold little fists waving about.

I'm quite certain it got down to 0 degrees Celcius last night. I could see frost on the grass in the shadows this morning and on a shirt that fell of the clothesline. I could see my breath in the shower.



Amber and I ate breakfast on the roof in the bright morning sun to try and warm up. She read to me from I John 5. I ate my pineapple banana rice and drank my cacao cafe. There was a cow nuzzling her calf in the meadow. Two large trees behind the field each held a very large white bird - something out of a very overdone 32-color painting of heaven.



I posted more of the family. I like this montage of 7 generations. I just wish we all had Blaise's expression.

3 comments:

Kelvin said...

Kia Ora (Hello) from a blogger down under in New Zealand. I have been reading for a few minutes and I'll return to read some more !!! Can I mention your blog on one of my blogs "21 21 21 Blogs" ??? Its interesting to learn about life in another country.

Anonymous said...

Oh My! I guess I will be including the down duvet in my luggage when I go down to visit you! It is nice to cuddle Blaise and keep him warm though, eh? Poor little guy with his first cold.....great photos the 7 generations and the ones in Guatamala.

Anonymous said...

Hi Zaak-
I finally got caught up with your blog. Great stuff, keep it up. It's such a good way to stay in touch.
I like the stories about food and Blaise most of all. :-) Big suprise, eh?