I was kind of envious of some of my colleagues and students who left for California, Arizona, China, Guatemala, Vancouver, Germany, London, Québec, etc. while I stayed at home in cold Calgary. But I'm really glad I'm home!
- I hit the bottle depot.
- I went to a friend's talk on sustainable and energy efficient building.
- I went to the doctor.
- I'm half way through a novel by Douglas Coupland.
- I went for tea* with a friend.
- I've spent hours on my latest documentary, completing the script and rough edit and I even got a famous singer to do a song for the film.
- I helped plan a benefit concert for Ubuntu.
- I spent a couple hours at a pro recording studio owned by a friend to record some of the narration for my movie.
- I cleaned out a couple drawers.
- I wrote 12 posts for my movie blog.
- I built snowmen with the kids (and pelted them with snowballs, the snowmen and the kids!)
- I went to church a couple of times.
- I did a dozen crossword and sudoku puzzles.
- I'm going to the Royal Tyrell Museum in Drumheller tomorrow (the kids are overthetop excited about this).
- I spent a wonderful night at some friends house for dinner and playing games.
- I spent some time on the project manager search for cohousing.
- I'm going to a movie this afternoon with Amber.
- We're taking the kids to Aggie Days (Agricultural Days in Calgary) later this week.
- We had some friends over for supper.
- I watched 5 movies so far.
- I shovelled our parking spots, twice.
- I'm doing an info session for cohousing in a couple nights.
- I attended a cohousing general meeting (and I have another on Sunday).
I'm happy I stayed because almost none of this would have happened if we had gone on a trip (plus we'd be a couple grand poorer too!).
*I gave up coffee for lent. ;)